Saturday, January 14, 2012

How can I keep a good basketball shot if I haven't played for a few days?

I don't really know what is the cause of this because most people I play with, if they haven't played for a week, their shot is about the same as before. I have been playing basketball for a long time now, at least one hour a day 6 days a week, and every time I go on vacation or do something non related to basketball for even two days, my shot goes off, and I feel awkward with the ball. That never happens to me when I play for consecutive periods say 5 days of practice and then a game, I usually score 20+ points. Could anyone help me with the reason why, if I don't practice for a little, my whole game goes down the drain? Maybe some drills could help...Thanks.How can I keep a good basketball shot if I haven't played for a few days?
I am wondering if you do a structured shooting warmup before you play. That can begin with a better "shoot it in the air" drill, which must be done standing up, rather than lying down. Then shoot six footers and make 5 straight. Play close attention to all the fundamentals as you shoot these, ball on the shooting side of the body, one-handed release, lift your follow through high and hold it until the ball hits the basket. Then do the same from 9 feet away, and then 12 feet away. This is how to reinforce good habits and how to improve range as well (keep going from 12 to 15 to 18 to behind the arc, looking to make 6 of 10 at each spot).
well ive been playin basketball for about 3 or 4 yrs now ive gone to camps and everything i think the best thing to do is lay on your back on ur bed or floor and just shoot up towards the ceiling for a few hours (between tv shows or jsut being bored) trust me u do this for a few hours a day in between practice and games u will never lose ur touch!!!!!! ; )How can I keep a good basketball shot if I haven't played for a few days?
Shooting is all about muscle memory. You are probably analyzing it way too much. I know it sounds simplistic... but relax, have confidence that your muscles will do what they are supposed to. Your enemy is the age old one, your own mind. Clear your head, relax, and get to where you shoot without even thinking about your form.
mm try to get one of the nerf basketballs u can have in ur room to play in then to get ur shot or just shoot clothes in a landry basketHow can I keep a good basketball shot if I haven't played for a few days?
This has happened to me when I was sick and when I had surgery (i was out for 4 1/2 months) When I recovered, I practiced practiced practiced and made captain of my basketball team and made it to the all stars in my league. When I first started by just laying on my back and working on my release with the ball(250 a day). Then I started actually shooting with the net, I first did this thing called a triple-five. It's where you shoot 5 shots in a row from both blocks and 5 shots in a row directly in front of the basket (like 3-4 ft. away). Each day I did about 15 pushups to regain arm strength so I could shoot from farther out there. Each day I tooak a step back form the original trpil-five ares and just shot. Other drills are ummm......... layups, freethrows, just shoot around. Hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment