Saturday, January 14, 2012

What is a healthy weight to be to play freshman basketball?

Im 5'9" and 13. I plan on playing freshman basketball next year. What is a healthy weight to play power forward or center.What is a healthy weight to be to play freshman basketball?
Don't worry about your weight and if its 'perfect' for your position, just play well and be good.

Your shooting ability or first step speed is more important than your weight.
165-180 is good... u might want to try small forward though because your a good height for that. When I was a Freshman I was 5'10 200 and I played power forward but when I ran into kids that were 6'3 or 6'4 I had trouble. If you are going to play that position at that height you need to be a bruiser and get as many rebounds as you can. I used to score in between 5-10 points a game but would average 12-15 rebounds. Play hard do the dirty work on the boards down low and you will have a promising high school basketball career.What is a healthy weight to be to play freshman basketball?
yeah about 170 ...but it really depends on your game ...i just got done with my season as freshmen and i weighed 155 and 6'2 ...so my height put me at tht position ...but if your light..chances are your more quick in order to be a small forward you need a shot...i was a PF and i have a shot and i can post up... if you have speed height PF is perfect..but weight is the real big difference between....kevin garnett and shaq one can post up and play really big and one can handle the ball , shoot, and can post up with quick drop steps and turn around jumpers
youre not power forward or center height

it would probably be good to play a guard for your height nd i would worry about the weightWhat is a healthy weight to be to play freshman basketball?
if you grow couple inches in the summer you should weigh about 170 all muscle if you want to play center or power
175

No comments:

Post a Comment