Saturday, January 14, 2012

How do I train for the basketball team?

I am trying out for my schools basketball team, and I need a little bit more training, The tryouts are on November 10, does anyone know how I can improve all my basketball skills by that time? I mean Im pretty good, but I want to be better. All advice is appreciated!How do I train for the basketball team?
Since you don't have much time, I suggest you work on your defence because you can improve much faster in your defence compared to your offensive game. Work on your conditioning, and rebounding. By doing this, start with some suicides to warm up, then throw a ball as high as you can, and reach for it at the highest point in which you can rebound the ball.



Also, work on your dribbling, because most players are really sloppy at handling the ball, and you'll have an edge when on the offensive end (If you're playing pg). If you have pylons lying around, dribble around them as fast as you can, but still maintaining control WITH YOUR HEAD UP. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR HEAD UP. and practice your figure 8's, etc.



You can also put it time with your jumpshots, but don't focus on it too much, work on your free throws more



I always do these drills before I hit the gym for practice and it does work.How do I train for the basketball team?
That's only 10 days away. Not much you can really do in 10 days to improve your game much, but here are a few tips for you at the try outs.



Hustle. Coaches notice it and love it when you hustle. If they call for a drill run to where you need to be don't walk or loaf. Also think of every loose ball as yours. Do whatever you can to get to whether means just hustling or even diving after it.



Defend. Coaches also tend to notice this. One of the best coaches I ever had told me this, "Some days shots fall and some days they don't, but you can play defense every day."



Be enthusiastic. Cheer for the other players too. I know it seems strange, but this is part of being a leader and a good teammate even at try outs.How do I train for the basketball team?
Practice,Practice,Practice



go outside and do your thing for as long as you can, do what works for you and practice that



other than that you just need to condition, run around your neighborhood

No comments:

Post a Comment