Saturday, January 14, 2012

What are some basketball drills that are done one-handed?

I recently was diagnosed with bursitis in my shoulder. In other words I can't do anything with my right arm, my strong hand. My problem is that it is the middle of basketball season. I'm hoping to be back by the end of the season, but at this point I don't have anything to be doing to keep up with my skills. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on anything I could do that would only use one hand, and would not have any contact.What are some basketball drills that are done one-handed?
This could actually work to your advantage since you injured your strong side. Now you're forced to work on your weaker hand. Do all kinds of dribbling just with your left hand. You can walk up and down the court while dribbling w/ your left hand, sit and speed dribble with your left hand, etc. You can also shoot close range shots w/ your left -- just don't push too hard w/ your right shoulder, I came back too early from a few injuries and they hurt me in the long run.



You can also do some lower body exercises for speed and strength. Obviously stay away from jumping rope and anything making you move your shoulder. But you can still do leg presses, toe raises, dot drills, line drills and other conditioning, etc.



You can check out the dribbling drills sections, conditioning exercises and other info on my site, basketball-tips-and-training.com



ball handling: http://www.basketball-tips-and-training.鈥?/a>

speed/agility: http://www.basketball-tips-and-training.鈥?/a>



Good Luck!What are some basketball drills that are done one-handed?
Yep tons you can do line drills speed dribbling with your left hand also work on lefty lay ups and you can do quickness drills as well, lateral movement drills such as vertical, and burst speed plus work on just using one had to shoot, finishing with your left hand,

No comments:

Post a Comment