Saturday, January 14, 2012

How would I go about starting a Homeschool Cheerleading Squad for the 2011 basketball season?

I am home schooled through CSTHEA where we have a very successful basketball team. However, we have no cheer leading squad nor a dance team. I would very much like to start one for the 2011 basketball season, but I am not entirely sure how I would go about doing so. If anyone has been through this before, I would really appreciate some step-by-step instructions regarding your success.How would I go about starting a Homeschool Cheerleading Squad for the 2011 basketball season?
1. you would need a coach or parent in charge

2. send out a newsletter encouraging other girls and boys to attend

3. im guessing you wouldnt need tryouts but probably a parent meeting

In the meeting you need:

1. find uniforms in advance online and get pricing and a picture of them

2. dates and times of practices and a copy of the basketball scedule

3. an area where you would practice with that places ok or pricing for that place

4. cost of the sport for uniform, pom pons etc

5. what the girls need to wear to practice

No comments:

Post a Comment