Saturday, January 14, 2012

How can I stop vomiting before every basketball game?

I am a college basketball player i have been getting sick and throwing up before every basketball game in the locker room. Hours before the game my stomache starts to hurts. I can't really eat anything. I am a starter I have been like this since my senior year in high school i will be a junior in college next season what should I do. Do i need to see an psychiatrist? Is there medicine i can take I need help before next season because i can't keep doing this before every game.How can I stop vomiting before every basketball game?
I take it this is nerves as you're in the psychology section.



Yes, speak with your doctor. There is a medicine that you can take that should not affect your performance at all. It's given to politicians before speeches if they tend to get nervous. There are contraindications (people who can't take the medicine for various reasons), so ask your doc.



It's called propranalol.



You might also try biofeedback or you could even listen to a CD called Anxiety Relief (Sounds True puts it out) that can teach you some tools to relax.How can I stop vomiting before every basketball game?
Have you ever been abused by a basketball?

No comments:

Post a Comment